The Road Goes Ever On
This is the hardest part of the journey, the relentless unforgiving slog, putting down one word after another for months on end. Fortunately, we offer a respite from the weariness at our weekly write-ins and themed tutorials held at the Prancing Pony, otherwise known as Facebook.
Each week will have a different focus, all geared toward your specific project with the goal of getting you to your destination as painlessly and efficiently as possible. Come armed with work to share and questions to ask.
We'll meet via Facebook Room as well as on our FB event page weekly (on a day selected by the group) from 5-8pm PT with time set aside to go over the day's topic, share your W.I.P., and of course, write! Participate in the 25 sessions as often as you can make it to ensure you stay on course and on schedule. The basic format will be as follows:
- How you applied the topic from the previous session
- Your goals for the current session
- Presentation of the topic du jour by your journey guide
- Q&A about the topic du jour
- A chunk of time (45+ minutes) just for writing. During this time, you are welcome to have a one-on-one chat about your project with your guide
- Critiques of work submitted by others. We will feature 1-4 writers per week. All work should be read by critiquers prior to the session. Anyone who gets snarky or behaves in a way the journey guide feels is not productive, will receive a warning. If they don’t shape up, they will be removed from the critique portion of the sessions and their work will not be critiqued. Understood?
- Project progress. During our mid-way break, share how things are going
- Your guide will provide a writing prompt or sprint opportunity based on the current lesson. This activity is optional and is meant to help “stuck” or frustrated writers break free of the doldrums and get re-energized
- Submission of your work to be critiqued in a future session. It can be a paragraph, a page, or an entire chapter. I suggest providing a “non-copyable” PDF and even slapping a watermark on it
PINCH POINT WORKSHOPS
We may also include 2 weekend online workshops in June & August from 9-11am PT to do troubleshooting. Dates pending participant availability.
Click here for Bindle discount